top of page
Image by You X Ventures


What type of insurance do you need?

Have a browse through the types of insurance policies, and for any help or advice make sure to contact Lincoln financial services.

Insurance Types

Health insurance

Acquiring health insurance provides us with peace of mind in the event of the unexpected happening. Health insurance can give you instant access to the specialists you need, whether it is for diagnosis or treatment, and helps reduce NHS waiting lists for medical care.

Buildings insurance

Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home as well as permanent fixtures and fittings (such as baths, toilets, fitted kitchens). The amount of cover you need is the rebuilding cost of your home. This includes the cost of demolition (which may be needed after fire, for instance), clearing the site, and architects’ and other professional fees.

Household insurance

You’ll normally need two separate policies to insure your home, one for the building and another for its contents. Both policies should provide cover for damage due to fire, lightning, explosions or earthquakes, theft or attempted theft, riots or vandalism, storms or flooding, subsidence, falling trees and moving objects (such as a car hitting your home). You’ll also be covered for the escape of water from tanks, pipes, washing machines or dishwashers and leaking oil from heating systems.

Contents insurance

Contents insurance covers the items inside your home, such as carpets, clothing, furniture, kitchenware and a limited amount of valuables. Insurers usually apply limits for high-value single items, so specify the value of expensive possessions before you take out the cover. Contents insurance will usually cover you for the replacement of keys if lost or stolen, and damage to locks. You’ll also be covered for the theft of cash from your home, up to a set limit.


Policies can also include accidental damage cover, but you may have to pay extra. This extends cover to include accidental breakages and damage to items such as hi-fis, TVs, computers and video recorders.

For help and advice on insurance policies,

give us a call on:  0800 587 4523

Contact Us

Lincoln Financial Services

Oak House

Witham Park

Waterside South





01522 839 525

0800 587 4523


Lincoln Financial Services Ltd, registered as a limited company in England and Wales under company number: 06262121. Registered Company Address: Oak House, Waterside South, Lincoln, Lincolnshire LN5 7FB.

bottom of page